|Started in January 1985 by Dr. Ivan R. Misner, BNI provides a positive, supportive, and structured environment for men and women to further their business through referral marketing.
Networking requires commitment. The most successful chapters of BNI consist of members who are sincerely committed to helping one another through networking. They are a team. As a participant in BNI, you are responsible for complying with the policies and guidelines of the organization.
BNI in 30 years has gone from garage to global!
The first step is to find a chapter and visit in order to see what BNI is all about. Explaining a BNI meeting is like giving a haircut over the phone - not very effective. BNI meetings are best experienced in person.
A partial list of the policies of BNI is shown below:
- Only one person from each professional specialty is permitted to join a chapter of BNI.
- All participants should represent their primary occupation, not a part-time business.
- Attendance is critical. If you cannot attend a meeting, you may send a substitute. This will not count as an absence.
- Participation in the chapter by members is a key to the success of a group. Members can participate by bringing bona-fide referrals and/or visitors to their BNI chapter.
Most chapters have a nominal meeting fee to cover the room and meal charges. You will have the opportunity to stand and do a commercial for your company (unless your competitor is a member, then you simply "observe"). Bring LOTS of business cards because you will also have a chance to pass them to all of the members.
If you can’t find a chapter with an opening for your business call us at (972) 612-0659 or click here to send an email.
The benefits of membership are many!
- Increased exposure to many other people and businesses.
- Building solid business relationships that will last for the rest of your life
- Tools to network more effectively, including educational workshops and mentoring
- Visibility, Credibility and Profitability for each of our members
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see the questions people most often ask about BNI membership.