Values and Benefits of BNI
FACT: 98% of businesses rely on referrals to gain new business.
FACT: only 3% of businesses have a strategy for generating referrals.
BNI provides a positive, supportive, and structured environment for the development and exchange of quality business referrals. It does so by helping you build personal relationships with dozens of other qualified business professionals.
Last year, members of BNI passed millions of referrals that generated billions of dollars of business for each other. Belonging to BNI is like having a group of salespeople representing your business, and in return you are representing their businesses. What goes around comes around. If I help you, you'll help me and we will both benefit as a result.
Networking requires commitment. The most successful chapters of BNI are comprised of participants who are sincerely committed to helping one another through networking. They are a team. As a participant in BNI, you are responsible for complying with the policies and guidelines of the organization.
What You Should Know
- Weekly meetings last for 90 minutes. Members need to arrive on time and stay for the entire meeting.
- Only one person from each professional specialty is accepted into a chapter of BNI.
- All participants must represent their primary occupation.
- Attendance is critical. If you cannot attend a meeting, you may send a substitute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see the questions people most often ask about BNI membership.
There is an initial application fee, annual membership dues, and chapters may have a venue fee. Please see the chapter Secretary/Treasurer for exact information. When you apply to participate in BNI your application will be reviewed by the chapter’s Membership Committee and you will be notified of the status before the next meeting.
- Increased exposure to many other business professionals
- Substantially increase business through referrals
- Learn to effectively talk about your business
- Sharpen your presentation skills
- Participation in up to 52 networking meetings per year
- New Member Packet: Business card book, name badge holder, orientation CD, BNI pin
- SuccessNet newsletters with educational material on networking, public speaking, and business
- Member Success Program workshop
- Advanced Education Series workshops
- Leadership Team Training
- Participation in business trade shows
- Participation in local conferences
For more information please contact the BNI office at (972) 612-0659 or send email.